If you believe that your gambling is out of control you should seek help from the National Gambling Helpline (Freephone 0808 8020 133) or GamCare NetLine. Licensed operators will help you to self-exclude but you will have to remember:
- It is up to you to contact the relevant websites. Legally the operators cannot take instructions to close an account from any third party e.g. a family member, but the operators are happy to work with counsellors from recognised charities to assist people who need assistance.
- The self-exclusion may only apply to online gambling. You may need to go to individual shops, arcades or casinos to self-exclude from land based gambling even if it is with the same gambling company. Some companies with shops and online businesses will let you self-exclude online if you self-exclude in the shop or casino.
- People who do not hold an account and have not been a customer cannot be excluded from a website. However if you have held any account (even if you have not used it for a long while) you will be able to self-exclude.
- To make self-exclusion more effective, if you move house or open a new bank account during the self-exclusion period you should update your details with all the operators where you have held accounts.
- It is strongly recommended that you “unfriend” or “unfollow”from gambling operators on Facebook and other social media websites. This is because the databases used on the social media websites may not be the same as those used by the operators website.
- From an online perspective a National Online Self-Exclusion Scheme will be in please by 2018 ( for more information click here ) but in the mean time a list of operator contacts within the RGA membership is available by clicking here.
|All licensed gambling venues and on-line gambling businesses operate a self-exclusion scheme. It is now possible to self-exclude from more than one place at the same time, making the process of self-exclusion much easier. Please visit the Opt-in to self-exclude website for more information: http://optintoselfexclude.info/|